Last update: 10/11/2020
Website or Us designates the Editions HOPE website accessible at the address https://www.editions-hope.com and all its subdomains.
User or You refers to all Internet users, whether registered or not, who browse the website.
Service(s) designates all the services, products accessible online or not, whether they are free or not.
Editions HOPE's commitment is to comply with legal obligations and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We are committed to respecting the following principles:
- We collect and process your data only for the purposes which are described in this Policy or for specific purposes which we have informed you and / or for which you have consented to.
- If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to keep it, we do everything in our power to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
You have no obligation to provide any personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with some services or products.
2. Information we collect
Your personal data are collected based on your consent which you express by filling out a form or by writing to us directly or on the basis of our needs to organise and manage our services.
The Personal Information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with our website and the service we provide you. However, the Personal Information we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Comment & Review
When a User leaves a comment or a review on the website, we collect the data mentioned in the form (name, email address, website) but also the IP address and the browser used for the spam detection.
When a User contacts us, we collect the data mentioned in the form and also the IP address and the browser used for spam detection.
When you place an order on our website, we collect your personal details, such as your first name, your last name, your e-mail address, your postal address and your phone number. The information are essential for fulfilling your order.
If you send a book to our selection panel or if you apply to join our team, as part of the application process, we collect your personal data, such as your first name, last name, email address, postal address and your phone number; and when you provide this information: demographic information, such as your age, gender, and other useful information that you specify.
Newsletter / notification / reminder
When you subscribe to the newsletter or when you subscribe to notifications or reminders emails, we collect the information specified in the form, namely your email address, and possibly your first and last name. We use Mailchimp as our newsletter platform. By subscribing, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices.
When you download a picture on the website (comment, contact form, forum...), please remove the location tag (EXIF GPS): visitors can download an image and extract this data from it.
We automatically collect personal data when:
- You share content on social networks, websites or applications relating to our products and services, or by replying to our posts and promotional announcements on social networks.
- We read or collect personal data about you through information collected by other websites (for example, if we place an advertisement on a third-party website and if you click on that advertisement, we may receive information on you and other visitors to measure the reach and success of this ad).
- We read the browsing history, such as the pages visited, the date of the visit, the location during the visit, or the IP address for statistical purposes and in order to improve our website. (see Cookies section)
3. Use of Personal Information
Editions HOPE collects your personal data in order to provide you with the best online experience, navigation and quality service. We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and respond to your inquiries and to contact you to respond to your requests.
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods
- To identify Users and organise our services or to ensure the quality of our services
We may also need your personal data to meet legal obligations or in the context of the contractual relationship with you.
When we collect and use your personal data for the purposes mentioned above or for any other request, we will inform you before or at the time of information request.
When necessary, we will seek your consent to process your personal data. If you have given your consent for that, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
4. Retention of Data
|Comment / Reviews||Indefinitely, during publication time|
|Contact form||12 months from the date of receiving|
|Newsletters||Until you unsubscribe|
|Account on the shop||Indefinitely, until you ask to delete it.|
|Cookies, statistics, traffic measures||18 months|
5. Your Rights
You have certain rights available to you when it comes to your personal information. Below is a summary of those rights and how to exercise them at any time.
Accessing, correcting, updating your personal data
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR (or similar laws for other country), data protection laws give you the rights to request access to your personal data, to request correction or deletion of your personal data, to request to update your information at any time.
You have the right to request portability of your personal data in a organised, readable and commonly used format.
Deleting your information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data when:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it
- You withdraw the consent you previously gave us to process your personal data, only if there is no other legal basis allowing us to continue to process your personal data
- You object to our use and processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or for the legitimate interests of our organisation
If you request deletion of your personal data, please contact us and we will take all reasonable measures to accommodate your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data that we collect is no longer necessary for any purpose and there is no legal obligation for us to keep it, we will do everything to delete, destroy or anonymize this data.
Request limite of use
You have the right to request that we limit our use of your personal data if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or if you prefer that we limit their processing.
Object to our use
You have the right to object to our use and processing of your personal data, at any time.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if you are unhappy with our data protection practices.
We make our best efforts to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt personal data.
We outsource the hosting of our website to the company Infomaniak Network SA to ensure the security storage of the personal data of our users. Infomaniak was granted ISO 27001 certification in June 2018. This standard specifies the requirements for setting up an information security management system (ISMS). It ensures security measures are identified and constantly improved to protect data from loss, theft and alteration, and information systems from intrusion and damage. Learn more and see the certificates